9/10/2016

Why have you forsaken Me by neglecting prayer?


     
You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. (James 4:2) But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. (Luke 6:27-28) This kind [of evil] cannot be driven out except by prayer and fasting. (Matthew 17:21)

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. (1 John 5:14) Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. (Colossians 4:2) Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. (Ephesians 6:18)

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. (Jeremiah 29:12) The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. (Psalm 145:18) For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. (Matthew 18:20) Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. (Psalm 18:6) 

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. (James 5:16) Cry to Me in your trouble, and I will deliver you from your distress. I will make the storm be still, and the waves of the sea be hushed. Then you will be glad that the waters are quiet, and I will protect you in the land. (Reference: Psalm 107:28-30)

-------
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. (John 15:16)