7/11/2009

Looking At Things Differently



The Two Buckets
By Cheer Up

One day two buckets met at a well. One of them looked morose. "What's the trouble?" asked the second bucket sympathetically.

"Oh!" replied the first, gloomy bucket, "I get so weary of being dragged to this well every weekend by my preoccupied owner who works in an office. No matter how full I am every time I come out of this well, I always come back here empty the next weekend."

The second bucket smiled cheerfully and remarked, "My owner is a very busy farmer who grows plants and tends flocks. He brings me to this well several times everyday. I always come here empty, yet when I come out of this well I go away full."


Giving Up A Habit
By Daniel Lord

A man was a chain-smoker but dreaded the thought of dying of chest cancer. He knew that eventually -- or perhaps sooner -- he would have to make the final decision. All the more so since all the recent newspapers and magazines carried frightful reports of lung cancer.

So there came the fateful day, finally, when he made his big decision. He decided and gave up the habit -- not the smoking but the reading.


Winner Or Loser
By Mile-Hi Evangelist

A winner says, "Let's find out."
A loser says, "Nobody knows."

When a winner makes a mistake, he says, "I was wrong."
When a losers makes a mistake, he says, "It wasn't my fault."

A winner goes through a problem.
A loser goes around it, and never gets past it.

A winner says, "I'm good, but not as good as I ougt to be."
A loser says, "I'm not as bad as a lot of other people are."

A winner tries to learn from those who are superior to him.
A loser tries to tear down those who are superior to him.

A winner says, "There ought to be a better way to do it."
A loser says, "That's the way it's always been done here."

----------
There are things that need to be looked at in a different way in order to see the beauty behind their abstractness. But to the uninitiated eyes, no amount of looking at these things differently will reveal these things' true beauty unless at least these things themselves are caused to be oriented differently.

It is only in total darkness that even the tiniest spark of light is appreciated. So also, it is in the abstractness of things that beauty may be discovered.