9/28/2011

Waiting on the Lord: Resting At His Feet



Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall grow cold (Matthew 24:12). But be strong and be of good courage (Joshua 1:6). This I speak unto you, so that in Me you might have peace: In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33). Don't you be afraid, for I am with you; don't be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness (Isaiah 41:10).

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

------------
Why do you say, "My way is hid from the Lord, and the justice due to me is passed away from my God?" (Isaiah 40:27) The Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear (Isaiah 59:1). Have you forgotten? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn't faint, neither is weary; His wisdom is unsearchable (Isaiah 40:28).

Therefore wait upon the Lord, and He shall renew your strength; you shall mount up with wings like the eagle; you shall run, and not be weary; you shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your ways to Him. Trust also in Him, and He will do this: He will make your righteousness go forth as the light, and your justice as the noon day sun. Rest in Him, and wait patiently for Him. (Psalms 37:4-7)

Therefore don't be anxious..., for your heavenly Father knows the things you need. But seek first God's Kingdom, and His righteousness; and all the things you need will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:31-33)

Wait for the Lord. Be strong, and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for the Lord. (Psalms 27:14)

To You, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in you. No one who waits on you shall be ashamed. Show me your ways, O Lord and teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation. I will wait for you. (Psalms 25:1-5)

O God, search me, and know my heart. Try me, and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. (Psalms 139:23-24)

------------

[Proverbs 3:1-12]

"My child, don't forget my words; but let your heart keep them: for length of days, and years of life, and peace, will they add to you.

"Don't let kindness and truth forsake you. Wrap them up around your neck. Write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good understanding in My sight and in men.

"Trust in Me with all your heart, and don't depend on your own understanding. Seek My will in all you do, and I will direct your paths. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, delight in Me, and turn your back on evil. Then I will give you renewed strength and vitality.

"Honor Me with your substance, and with the best parts of all your increase. Then you shall lack nothing; for I will fill your life with plenty such that you shall overflow.

"My child, don't despise My discipline, neither be weary of My reproof: For whom I love, I reprove; even as a father reproves the child in whom he delights."

[1 Peter 5:6-7] Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time; casting all your worries on him, because he cares for you.

[Philippians 1:6] Be confident of this very thing: That the Lord who began a good work in you will complete it in the time He appointed.